Saturday, January 4, 2014

A New Year; A New Style

Earlier today i was flipping through the pages of Looks magazine, the January edition, and one of their cover stories seemed to catches my attention, 'New Year, New Look' is soon made me overlook through theyears gone by, especially 2013 and i thought to myself, what the hell was I thinking?? I mean, yeah, every now and then we have our regrets in the fashion statement that we made but for me, did i smashed my head into a brick wall or something?! oh dear Coco Chanel please have mercy on me for my fashion choices in the past year has been well.......let's not talk about that, shall we?

Although i do have to admit i've been more reluctant to new fashion trends since i've gained weight (a lot) and i only opt for circle skirts and dresses to hide my expanding thigh; it's really disturbing to find myself not being comfortable in my body figure, but when stress and anxiety kicks in, all i wanna do is sit on my bed, watch a marathon of The Carrie Diaries (in hopes of regaining my confidence and my interest in writing) and munch down a a bowl filled with chips, sounds pretty sad isn't it? but i can assure you it's not that dreadful and i can promise you all i do not do this every night, i've been quite discipline actually, i've cut down the snacks from my mom's grocery list and i am now starting to eat more vegetables and fruits as a substitute for all those scrumptious comfort food.

My goal for 2014 is to lose weight, a lot of 'em. i've been stuck in this state where i like myself better inside my head and what i see in front of the mirror is not the same as i would like to see myself as or be and i've has enough of it.I want my self-esteem to sky rock high above the clouds and stop fantasising of having that ideal body that i want because i will work hard for it and i'm gonna get it.

Two of my top staple pieces that i cannot go out of the house are, a circle skirt and a cardigan that covers my bum and hide my oh so large hips, i am blessed for my curves but currently those curves are being hugged by layers and layers of fat coming from foods that i apparently should not eat in order to get that ideal figure.

This year, i want to expand my fashion choices and choose something that isn't oh so obvious. Starting from the usual orders i make at my fave restaurants, for instance, at lunch, i choose this very delicious thin pancake stuffed with peanut butter fillings and top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and the bet part is, it's topped with caramel syrup all over it, where i usually would probably order a chocolate waffle with sprinkles of chocolate chips on top, so yeah, that's quite a change there!

There is a sense of jealousy i feel inside of me whenever i see these girls with slim legs and they look good in jeans, and my biggest pet peeve is someone that complains about their chicken leg because they look dangly, for god sakes! at least you girls could fit into a size 6 of skinny jeans and eat a double cheese burger and voila! ok maybe that's quite offensive to some that are dealing with weight gain issues, but my point is, i struggle a lot with this unflattering body figure of mine and it irritates me to hear or see someone complaining about theirs when obviously they know that they're two size smaller than me.

I want to explore more with wild patterns and wearing legit skinny jeans that goes right with my height and body figure! i don't wanna be stuck wearing skater skirts for my whole life, i wanna feel comfortable in wearing a loose shirt, black-fitted leggings, and a pair of combat boots, yeapp i wanna jump right in the line of the girl that dresses from head to toe marked by Brandy Melville. 

This entry seemed to be more like a rant as opposed to be a fashion blog but i promise i'll post more relevant things in the future and it'll include with a set of pictures to make my blog seem more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment