Tuesday, January 7, 2014

When Happiness Finds You

The first day of my second semester at uni just started and i want things to take a new turn, not like it was back in semester one which is merely just a month ago, back then, i was expecting of this perfect uni life where on the first day or the first semester i'll meet this amazing guy like Augustus Waters and i'll have long conversations with him and strolling around campus with him etcetera but yeap that clearly did not happened because if it did my recent blogpost would probably about this guy that only existed in John Green's work of art.

There's an old saying that said, go to the places where you want to go and there you will meet with the people with common interest as yours. I've always wanted to go to the library by myself and just have some alone time with my book and really dive in into my imagination that has been carved by the book itself. I was quite proud of myself 'cause i finally managed to study independently and make some summaries even though the main purpose of why i came was to continue reading The Fault in Our Stars.

I'm not gonna go into details because i have this fear inside of me of what if someone reads my blog and they actually know who i'm talking about so i'm just gonna go straight to the point, as soon as i finished having my mini study session with myself, i went over to one of the couches in the library which there were two huge ones that were placed parallel to each other and sat on one of them. A group of boys suddenly waved his hand over to me and i soon realised that i know those dudes and i consider them as good friend but we don't see each other much because of our different schedules and all of us were in different faculties.

Most of the conversations were about how uni life is very different and challenging from semester to semester and cracked a little bit humour every now and then but i really enjoyed it, despite my indecisiveness on whether i should continue reading my book or engaging in a conversation with them.

My point of my story is, when you stop looking for happiness, happiness will eventually find you and sometimes it is in the most unlikeliest way that you would like, and i like it when happiness takes me by surprise and at a moment when i'm not expecting something to happen which i often find it hard to get out of that state.


No comments:

Post a Comment