Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Fault in Me and the Stars

Just a night ago, i managed to catch a glimpse of the trailer for The Fault in Our Stars before Fox blocked it on youtube. The moment Shailene Woodley's voice blasted from the speaker, i had a feeling this would be one of the movies that i'll anticipate most for this year.

It was good to see fresh new faces that'll appear on the big screen for a change and it excites me even more for the fact that Shailene will play as Tris, and Ansel Elgort (as Augustus Waters in tfios) will play alongside as Caleb, Tris's brother. 

I was quite overwhelmed and nothing has prepared me for this moment, most scenes from the trailer stayed true to the book and even blown my mind away as it turned out better that i'd expected it, for now.

It's quite weird really, when i read the book, i almost feel emotionless, i did not cried as much as i watched the trailer the other night, i was trembling with tears and i listened right away to One Republic's What You wanted; as it was the closing song for the trailer and it was the perfect cherry on top of the cake as i connected the lyrics to the story, if i'm not mistaken, Gus had mentioned in his letter that humans can indeed choose their pain, and he hoped that Hazel did not regret choosing him as a burden and a source of light to her dark skies at the same time, which made me even more emotional as the lyrics of the song haunting my mind until 2.30 in the morning.

I wonder to myself, maybe there was a point of the novel that i missed, or maybe it was my over-excitement that for once, i'm actually reading a fictional story that wasn't the usual cookie cutter type, and for me, that was quite a huge step of adolescence.

It also brings a couple of flashbacks of how i badly used to want to be an actress and having that other people's reaction on the other side of the screen, giving them emotions to hold on to for that couple of minutes in the trailer and letting them into a fictional world as soon as they stepped inside those cinema doors and leave everything behind for that golden hour.

But that is yet another mystery that my future holds for me, for the time being i'm gonna focus on what i have and start with what lies in front of me, which luckily i fell madly in love with blogging as it is somewhat a therapy for my brain to rest as i pour those thoughts into this blog.

xoxo,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment