Sunday, March 30, 2014

10 Random Facts About Me

1. When i read, the world around me disappears

If you guys can't tell. I love reading books. It's like the universe has given secret magic dust to every author that writes a book. The moment i flip that page and as i dive into each chapter. I feel it has converted me into a place elsewhere that only exists if we use the power of our imagination. I also often carry a book in my bag because i love that content moment where you're at a coffee shop and you're surrounded by all of these different people but once you read, your imagination kinda creates this mere optical illusion of a place that was once only prevail within numbers of pages but it comes to life as you start to believe.


2. Kid Flash is one of my favourite characters from DC Comics

One of my many favourite cartoon shows when i was a kid is Teen Titans. I remember how i used to be so obsessed with it. My favourite characters were Kid Flash, Jinx, Speedy & Robin. But i was so sad when i heard that they were not going to be continuing on season 6 but they decided to do short sketches (Teen Titans GO!) which is fairly ok but i would love if they decide to make season 6 and i even participated in a petition letter that requests for Cartoon Network for doing another season. But afterwards there was a new show called Young Justice and i instantly fell in love with Wally West aka Kid Flash, even though he died later on and it had left Artemis in devastation.....I love how funny and outgoing he is in the series.


3. I have uneven eyelids

I don't know if people notice this or not, but for the longest time ever, i have uneven eyelids, and i discovered this way back hmm, i think it was at elementary school? I've been wearing contact lenses ever since i graduated from high school and every time i'm about to apply my make-up, i notice that the portion size of my eyelids are uneven. I used to think that it's a weird trait of mine and i used to be embarrassed of it but now, i like to see it as a unique trait and i wish to embrace it even more in the future.


4. Lately i've been obsessed wearing a sweatshirt over a skirt


It takes me around 1.30 to 2 hours to get ready every morning (ikr that's crazy) and i spent most of the time taking a shower or putting make-up on and i literally do not have time to raid every single clothing piece in my dresses so my staple piece for whenever i'm in a rush is a sweatshirt and beneath it i put on a skirt. I find this a really nice on-the-go outfit and it's also super comfortable so i'll feel free to move around all day in campus.

5. My current celeb crush is Dylan O'brien


I mean, srsly, who doesn't?? I have not yet watch The Internship but i saw a lot of pictures of him in it and he is just the definition of my ideal guy. Like the cute nerdy dude who wears glasses but turns into a goddess when he takes it off?? Yeap Dylan is the one. I feel bad though i don't really watch Teen Wolf because that was his huge breakout gig as an actor but i saw the trailer for The Maze Runner and let's just say it was love at first thumbnail pic sight.


6. My current favourite drink from Starbucks would either have to be the White Chocolate Mocha latte or the Java Chip frappucino


The number one drink that i always order in Starbucks is the Green Tea frappucino because i'm obsessed with matcha but my motto for 2014 is "Don't be afraid to try new things and be more explorative." so I broadened my choices of beverages. Don't know exactly why but i always find myself ordering a frappucino every time i go there, so i decided to try something new and i ended up really liking the White Chocolate Mocha latte because it's a really nice hot drink to sip on a cold day and it has the right portion of sweetness but yet you can taste the bitterness of the caffeine that it offers. And as for the frappucino department, i've been loving the Java Chip frappucino because at first, it was my dad's and my sister's favourite drink like i'm not even kidding they always order that and i took a sip and omg it was like love at first sip, i just love the small bits of chocolate and the chocolate sauce on top of the whip cream.


7. I enjoy vacuuming my room because i'm dust-phobic (Amarthophobia)

I usually vacuum my place for about twice or three times per week, the reason behind it is because i hate dust. I absolutely despise dust, it can make you ill and very unhygienic. And also, i'm a lousy sweeper so having a vacuum kinda solves my problem and keeps my floor spotless.


8. I often experiment on making different kinds of meal that does not require using a stove

Since i've been living on my own on the weekdays, and since i don't have a stove (to prevent me from eating fried food), I often like to experiment with different food combinations and making sandwiches with fresh ingredients. I've also recently made a strawberry dipped in chocolate that i used a microwave to melt the chocolate! I'm also thinking of making a post about healthy food options but also one's that are comfort food as well.


9. I often have to listen to music whenever i take a shower

Not only can i sing on top of my lungs when i shower but i can also count or predict how long do i bath according to the number of songs i listen to. Currently i've been listening to musics from the Divergent OST because it's just simply awesome and my favourite song from the album would either have to be Beating Heart or Hanging on by Ellie Goulding.


10. I often wear socks to bed


Socks are literally my lifelong obsession, like i've been collecting them for the longest time i could remember. I like collecting different kinds of socks, ranging from the plain ones to crazy patterned ones and even the ones that have cute animations on it. But yeah, it's been a habit i've acquired since high school, i just like how it feels so comfy and warm and i have this weird theory where the reason why i have nightmares is because of cold feet......so that is why i love my socks.


 ✦ ✦

So yeah that is all for this post! Stay tune to my other posts that are not related to deep thoughts topics because i wasn't feeling writing something that requires a lot of extensive thinking. I hope you guys enjoy this post and I think i'm gonna add pictures later on if i'm not too lazy....or not hahahahaha we'll see in time.

xoxo,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment