Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Graceful Swan



My mother and I was on the hunt for a art piece for my apartment and for the longest time ever, we haven't had any luck. We searched from store to store and none felt it brought the perfect ambience. We were looking for something that had a meaning behind it and not just any art piece/a painting but something i can smile upon to when i wake up every morning.

We were looking around at Ace Hardware and most of the one's there was either too long or the picture on it just doesn't seem right. But suddenly I found this gorgeous picture of a Swan gracefully bending her long neck and forming a beautiful posture on a square canvas. It was a printed painting but it looked real from afar and they added a bit of real paint on some of the vocal features of the faux painting, such as the feathers and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

I showed it to my mom and she told me that this is the one. Since i've been living alone in my apartment, every now and then i kinda miss home and since i only go home on the weekends, i do miss seeing my mom. My mom told me to put this on the wall on top of my bead so whenever i sleep the swan is somewhat like looking after me and my mom always told me that I will grow up into a graceful swan, which at first i asked her if what she meant was i used to be a freaking ugly duckling lol, but i think that was a very beautiful meaning that my mom gave into the art piece.

xoxo,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment