Sunday, February 9, 2014

Latent Luck


Have you ever spotted a dime just lying there on the floor and as you picked it up, a thought comes to your mind, "Today is my lucky day." Ever thought that you could be the other person that conveys that luck to the other person? 

A few nights ago i was at a bakery store with my friend and i insist of paying his bread with my lot, at first he refused but i wanted to do my daily act of kindness and the moment felt perfect to me, so i persistently told him that it's on me. 

When i was about to reach my wallet, i accidentally dropped one of my coins into the ground, a thought suddenly hopped into my mind and i just stood still and leave it lying on the ground.

As i walked out of the bakery, i feel content. There is a hope growing inside of me that, whoever the next person that sees that coin, i hope that person will pick it up and say, "Today is my lucky day."

To me, luck is like happiness, we can indeed be the one who gives luck to other people, just like happiness. I have this believe inside of me that, whatever power we believe most is the power that is contagious to others.

I hope the person comprehends my message at some point, i hope there is real power that that coin possess, even if it is latent, for now.

Until then, this is my daily dose of joy that i spread to those around me, i will definitely make more stories on how i turn something that is unadorned into something meaningful :)

xoxo,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment