Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Words of Revelation

It is always better to watch a movie at night, when the city is almost at sleep and a ray of sunlight awaits in the morning. I was in a mood for watching romantic comedy movie trailers, after numerous times clicking over one trailer after another. I find myself admiring Ben Barnes's charm from the movie, The Wedding. He looks better in a shorter do; which i've never acknowledged his appeal when he played as Prince Caspian a few years back, which is weird really, i have a huge weakness for boys with slightly long wavy beach hair.

I ended up googling him all night and scrolling down a list of movies he has played and one had captured my attention, The Words; merely because of his good looks that appeared at the top row results when i hit the image section which he would recall himself as a 'Glorified Ken Doll' at one of his interviews. His character was everything a girl could ever dreamed of, and the lucky girl was being gazed upon in every way a woman should be looked at, a pair of eyes filtered with love from her significant other.




The story is about an author telling his book, a story within a story. It's quite confusing at first as we jumped from one dimension into another; and another, but i soon figured on how to differentiate them based from the different screen filters. I'm not gonna go into details about the storyline of the movie, and i'm gonna focus more on the aftermath i had in me after reaching the end of the movie and what happened with Ben's character (because he's hot like duhhhh)

If you want to read the synopsis of the movie you guys can click here! I've made a post earlier about the synopsis of the movie and WARNING: huge spoiler alert!

If you have read the synopsis or if you have watched the movie, the ending was somewhat a cliffhanger or a unclear business that left the audience with questions. What did the scene where Rory hugged Dora from the back and he plead for forgiveness mean?

But aside from the ending, the reason why i feel the need a blog post dedicated to this movie is that there is one particular quote that opened my eyes and it enabled me to see far beyond, the quote is:


"At some point, you have to choose between life and fiction. The two are very close, but they never actually touch."


Clay had said that to Daniella when she was confused of his version of the ending, so who is Rory Jensen anyway? is it really a fictional character or a stage name for Clay himself? But the quote made me wonder, fictional stories are inspired from  factual stories that happened in life. We gather all of these ideas and let it flow in our brain to conduct a new fictional piece that is of our own.

I believe one thing, what we see is what we perceive but what we feel is what we believe. Sometimes the things that goes around our mind feels so real that we start believing in it more that what we see everyday before our eyes. What Clay said earlier was brilliant, he left a clue to his readers but not too much because they still did not know of the true denotation of his story. It is not a lie but more as a indication of a mystery that only those who paid attention can figure it out, if they're lucky that is.

But aside from all the deep stuffs i just mentioned, that movie, that quote, that characters made me alive, they woke me up from a dream i was sealed in. Believing in something that is unfaithful to reality can lead to further wreckage in life, and that moral of the story took my by surprise, similar to a revelation. I want to choose reality over fiction and i want to keep choosing it. I often get so caught up in my own fictional world where I am the focus of this universe that i forget that I am not the only one living in this world with desires. It is so easy to get lost in life and fiction but I always have to remember, the two are very similar but they never match one another, they do not have a correlation to each other as in fiction, all of the people that we see are made-up of our interpretation of the people that we know in life.

Thank you to every single person that was involved in making of The Words.

You have all made me awake and dragged me back to reality.

xoxo,
Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment